On the behalf of the Particle Therapy Co-Operative Group North-America (PTCOG-NA) and the 2017 annual conference organizing committee, we invite you to attend the 4th Annual PTCOG-NA Conference taking place October 23–25 2017, at the Swissôtel in Chicago, Illinois. The theme for the conference is “Certainty in an Uncertain World”. We anticipate over 250 registrants who share interest in all aspects of particle beam therapy. There will be numerous opportunities to gain new knowledge, share technical and clinical experiences, network with colleagues, and communicate with industry partners.
The conference will focus on advances in IMPT, robustness in treatment planning, quantifying and managing the uncertainty in range and tumor motion, incorporating 3-D imaging with daily delivery, and biological effects. The clinical applications will center on the traditionally recognized clinical indications, including breast, lung, head and neck, gastrointestinal tract and pediatric cancers. Hypo-fractionation and combined modality approaches will also be highlighted. We anticipate updates on clinical trials, and lively discussions around future protocols, grant opportunities, and multi-institutional collaborative efforts, as well as recognizing the value of large multi-center registry data.
PTCOG-NA 2017 will be highly relevant to physicians, physicists and radiobiologists as well as nurses, technicians, healthcare executives, and developers of future particle beam facilities.
In addition to attending the conference, we invite you to experience Chicago, Illinois, the “Windy City” on Lake Michigan, offering an expansive variety of things to see and do. Chicago is known for its history, architecture, culture, sports teams and cuisine.
- Chicago was the site of The Great Chicago Fire in 1871 and is known for its architectural innovation and experimentation. You will see some of the city’s most significant skyscrapers, museums, theaters, bridges and parks.
- The city is the home of the Field Museum, Art Institute of Chicago, Navy Pier, Willis Tower, Shedd Aquarium and Museum of Science and Industry.
- Two of the most popular parks in the city, Millennium Park and Grant Park, are just steps away from Swissotel Chicago.
- Chicago is home to the NFL franchise the Chicago Bears, two MLB teams, the Chicago Cubs (2016 World Series Champions) and the Chicago White Sox (2005 World Series Champions), the NBA's Chicago Bulls and the NHL's Chicago Blackhawks (2015 Stanley Cup Champions).
- Chicago is also famous for its cuisine. Chicago's deep dish pizza and the Chicago-style hot dog are both unique to the city.
This Annual PTCOG-NA Conference will enhance your knowledge of adult and pediatric oncology, widen your network, and expand your outlook while providing a relaxing and memorable time in our beautiful city. We are very excited about this event and look forward to welcoming you to Chicago in October.
Eugen B. Hug, MD, President
Hesham E. Gayar, MD, Vice President
Anita Mahajan, MD, Secretary
Carl Rossi, Jr., MD, Treasurer
William F. Hartsell, MD, Local Conference Host